Tuesday, January 7, 2014

MOJO327--Cutest Baby Ever


I needed a baby card for a shower on Saturday and I knew my color scheme (it matches a blanket I made for Olivia) but I had no idea for a layout. That's when I decided to pay attention to this week's Mojo Monday sketch by Julee Tilman.




My card base is Whisper White, covered with a Baked Brown Sugar Designer Series Paper Stack print. Next I layered a piece of Whisper White down the left side that is die cut with the Large Scallop Edgelit and embossed with the Delicate Designs Embossing Folder.

My sentiment is stamped onto Whisper White in Blushing Bride and then punched out with the Artisan Label Punch. I stamped it again onto Whisper White using Pistachio Pudding ink and then hand-cut the scalloped middle and used a Stampin' Dimensional to pop it up over the label.

Instead of putting a little punch or banner under the middle element of the card, I extended this Designer Frame past the bottom of it. The hearts on the sketch became butterflies from the Elegant and Bitty Butterfly punches and the Beautiful Wings Embosslit. The Pistachio Pudding and Blushing Bride card stock butterflies were embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots and Delicate Designs Embossing Folders for more texture. Basic Pearls further dress up my butterflies for Olivia.



I hope you enjoyed looking at my card today. Please take a moment to leave your comments. I love to read them all! Have a great day!

For all of your Stampin' Up! products, please use my Online Store any time.

Cutest Baby Ever Card Supplies:
Card Stock: Whisper White, Pistachio Pudding, Blushing Bride
Designer Series Paper: 2013-2015 In Color DSP Stack
Stamps: Label Love
Ink: Blushing Bride, Pistachio Pudding
Big Shot: Perfect Polka Dots EF, Delicate Designs EF, Designer Frames EF, Fancy Fan EF, Beautiful Wings Embosslit
Punch: Artisan Label, Bitty Butterfly, Elegant Butterfly
Embellishments: Basic Pearls, 1/4" Taffeta Ribbon in Whisper White


5 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

So sweet! Beautiful colors together!

Lynn G. said...

love your card. The colors are awesome. Very nice layout and great detail. Love that you hand cut the scallop and popped it up. Tfs!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Awwww... how cute for another new baby! love the scallop touch. hugs

Patty M said...

This is a beautiul baby card, lovely!

Michelle Quinno said...

This is adorable!! Love the colors and design.